Creative Writing Coaching
I work with you one-on-one via video conference (Skype, Google Hangouts, etc), phone, or by email to help you achieve your personal writing goals and improve as a writer. Each 60-90 minute session or email exchange will cover:
- Commentary on 5 poems or 20 pages of fiction/creative non-fiction
- Supplemental reading chosen for your interests and needs
- Tailored generative writing and revision exercises
- Suggestions on where to send work (literary journals, anthologies, presses, etc)
- Professional advice on applying to MFA and PhD programs, writing retreats and residencies, etc
- Strategies to increase your writing & publishing productivity
When you hire me as a writing coach, you can count on me to focus on you and the goals of your writing, rather than seek to impose my own voice and agenda. I bring a wealth of workshop and teaching experience to the table, as well as a keen eye for detail, a trained ear, and a deep intuition for image and language. I believe in being honest and clear. If something isn’t working, I’ll tell you. But I’ll also help you find the way to make it work again—or in some cases, identify what is really at its heart that needs to be said.
Standard rate: $60-$100/session | Sessions run 60-90 minutes
On a tight budget? Let me know and we’ll find a rate that works for you.
To schedule a coaching session or request more details, contact me here or by email at email@example.com